Windows » Network & Internet » Search & Lookup Tools » Arch Search Engine 1.9.2
Arch Search Engine Publisher's description:
Arch is an open source extension of Apache Nutch (a popular, highly scalable general purpose search engine) for intranet search.
In addition to the excellent search quality, Arch has many features critical for corporate environments:
- Document level security. Users can find only documents that they are authorized to see.
- Inexpensive index updates. Arch is able to keep indexes up to date and avoid regular complete site recrawling.
- 24/7 availabilty. There is always a working index available, even if a crawl fails.
- Support for simultaneous indexing and search of multiple web sites, with ability to search and administer any site separately, if needed. Dynamic adding and removal of web sites is easy.
- An automatically generated site directory.
- Low cost support once deployed.
- Dual interface (PHP and Java) for easy deployment and customization.
- Faceted search "out of the box".
- An extensive and extensible set of parsers for parsing a variety of file formats: HTML, PHP, PDF, MS Office, Open Office, etc.
- A modular, plugin-based architecture that can be easily customized and extended.
- The source code is included.
- High performance and scalability. Arch can run on computer clusters to index very large data sets.
System Requirements:Java 1.7, Cygwin if on Windows
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only
Arch Search Engine Version History:Arch Search Engine 1.9.2 added on: 18-08-2016 - actual version
Arch Search Engine 1.7 added on: 17-06-2014
Arch Search Engine 1.43 added on: 02-07-2012