Windows » Development » Components & Libraries » Discussion Column for SharePoint 1.62
Discussion Column for SharePoint 1.62
General Info Download Buy Screenshots Publisher Reviews History
Discussion Column for SharePoint Publisher's description:
from ArtfulBits Inc.
Discussion Column is intended to organize conversation in the list item without need to enable list versioning.
Actually Discussion is similar to an IM message system: many users are able to create rich-text messages, but there is no ability to modify previous messages. As IM, discussion control can show who and when has published post (configured in column settings).
Useful thing is that it is possible to show all conversations in list view or just a hyperlink to "View Item" form. It is helpfull when discussion has many items and page becomes congested.
You can also arrange your comments in chronological or reverse chronological order. User signature could be displayed on top or bottom of an entry.
- Organizing discussion without enabling list versioning
- Comments editing
- Filtering of empty records
- Ability to show whole discussion history or only link to it in list view
- Show user name as a link to user profile page
- Display posts in chronological or reverse chronological order
- Choosing position of user signature
- Import data (text) from existing SharePoint Multiple lines of text column
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
Why ArtfulBits Discussion Column?
It is possible to use standard SharePoint "Multiple lines of text" column with "Append Changes to Existing Text" option for organizing discussion, but:
- Versioning of a list has to be turned on
- New version is created each time items are edited
Even if you edit item, new record will be displayed in discussion history, whether it is empty or not.
ArtfulBits Discussion Column resolves these problems and avoids list versioning, also it does not append empty records to discussion history.
System Requirements:MS Windows Server 2003/2008, MS Windows SharePoint Services v3 or MOSS2007, MS Framework 2.0/3.0
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall